mardi 23 mars 2010

Amazon EC2 and Windows fun (cont'd)

Well I had thought I had found the answer in Microsoft KB, but it did not work. It made sense to restore everything and then to get back some of the stuff that is strongly hardware dependant, such as the boot.ini file in the whole windows\repair directory... but I got the same message...

I found out in doing so that the Windows images of Amazon are Datacenter version as the version I was trying to restore was a standard one. Probably that there are some checks that disallows restoring different version of Server 2003 to one another (which makes sense because otherwise you could restore a Datacenter edition on top of Standard which Microsoft would certainly not want!).

The journey continues!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire